I hope all of you had a good week. I had another crazy busy week and I am currently attending a wedding as the best man. I have been trying to keep everything under control this week, but it seems that I let everything slip away from me. I have not been around much in the Personal Finance blog-o-sphere. I have too much going on right now, with this wedding, website redesign, work, and the baby. I am not complaining, but just upset with myself for falling behind. If I regularly comment on your blog, please forgive me for not being as attentive as I should be. I will get it together soon enough.
As most you know, my wife and I purchased a couch. It was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday. When the delivery came, my wife and I thought it was the wrong sectional (or the right sectional, wrong configuration). I proceeded to decline the order except for a few pieces. I called the store and they fixed the problem and were shipping out a new couch. A little later in the day, my mom (a great interior designer), who helped us pick out the couch, was asking us questions about it. Come to find out, the couch was right all along. All I can say is Damn! I had to call back with my head low and admit my stupidity to the customer service person. They were very cordial about it and our original delivery will be back this coming Wednesday. We could have had it sooner, but we couldn’t work out the delivery because of the wedding. Lesson to be learned is make sure you know what you are talking about before you refuse a shipment. I have never had a sectional, so the configuration didn’t make sense to me. Oh well…..On to the roundup!
Website of the Week
This blog is run by the amazing Michelle. She works extremely hard and does a lot of things. Not only is she a blogger, but she also has a lot of other side ventures that allow her to make a good amount of extra income. She blogs about money, life, and anything she feels like. I mean, it is her blog, right? Michelle’s work has inspired me to try to find more side income in order to save for a down payment on a house. If you want some encouragement and think you can handle extra work, check out Michelle’s blog and her Extra Income section.
I am co-hosting another great giveaway this month. You can enter for your chance to win a new Canon EOS T4i. What you are waiting for? It is free to enter, so go do it!
Even though I have not been as active as I would like, there have still been some great mentions this week. I really appreciate all of the support and I will get all of you back soon. Just hang in there with me for a little longer
Weekly Top 12
Though I didn’t get to spend a lot of time rummaging through other personal finance blogs, I was still easily able to find the top 12 for this week. I hope you enjoy the list and make sure to send them some love when you check out their articles. Enjoy and have a great weekend!
- Money Psychology Tips – Our Freaking Budget
- Running A Business: The Most Important Thing You Need To Understand – DollarVersity
- Raising Money for a Down Payment on a Home – See Debt Run
- Observations of a Former Bank Teller – Girl Meets Debt
- Keeping a credit card I don’t even use – Punch Debt in the Face
- About money, time, and doing the right thing – Reach Financial Independence
- Why You Should Teach Your Kids Money Management – This That and the MBA
- 4 Ways To Bust Out Of Your Money Comfort Zone – And Then We Saved
- Profit From Your Passion: It’s not always possible – The Frugal Path
- Taking the Plunge: Why I Hate Being Self-Employed – Frugal Rules
- 4 Things You Need To Know Before You Join Business Opportunities – Modest Money
- Promises Are Meant To Be Broken – Money Beagle