Weekly Personal Finance Blog RoundUp – No Sleep Edition
Well, it is official, I am worn out! It has been two weeks since my son was born and I haven’t had much sleep at all. Every time I try to put my head down, he knows, and just starts crying. Not just any crying, but like a NUCLEAR BLAST! I know that this is normal, but I am not good with little sleep. The other issue is that I am a night owl and not a morning person. Apparently my son knew this and decided he was going to change my habits. Funny little man, isn’t he?
This was my first full week back to work since I left on December 17th. It was an awesome break, but now I have to get back into the swing of things (with much less sleep). There have been a lot of great personal finance articles going around this week, so I will have to pick and choose. Beyond the normal, I am starting a new feature in my weekly roundup. The Website of the Week is going to highlight a great website that I enjoyed this week. It might be one that you already know or maybe a new one. Check it out anyway! Ok, on the the roundup….
Money, money, money…..I am currently c0-hosting two cash giveaways at the moment. One is ending on January 12th (tomorrow) and the other is ending at the end of January. I also have another one starting on January 17th for more cash. I love starting out the new year helping someone get the chance to win CASH!
Good luck to all that enter!
Website of the Week
I am starting a new feature this week. It is the website of the week or WOTW. I will feature one website that I have enjoyed reading this week and feel that deserve a shoutout. If you feel so inclined, please check it out and provide them with the love!
Lance is the owner of this blog. He has done a tremendous job with Money Life and More. His articles are well written and he provides great personal finance advice. He covers topics such as debt, credit cards, vacation, retirement, saving, career, and many more. If you want to learn about personal finance from an accountant, then check out Money Life and More. Great job Lance!
The Weekly Roundup
This week’s edition should have some great articles from around the personal finance blogosphere. Take time to check out the online paper and share it if you feel so inclined.
I was included in three carnivals this week:
- Yakezie Carnival hosted by Money Wise Pastor.
- Carnival of Personal Finance hosted by Frugal Portland.
- Carnival of Financial Planning hosted by Family Money Values.
Jon from Pay My Student Loans mentioned Debt Roundup in his great post of the 20 Best Personal Finance Sites for Recent Grads
I have been trying for some time to get included in the Money Crashers’ Top Personal Finance Blogs list, and this past week I was finally added. I came in at 166 on the list out of 655. I think that is an OK start, but I want to go lower. If you own a personal finance blog, then make sure to submit your website for inclusion. This is a great resource.
Search Term of the Week
This week’s term actually has to do with money. It just made me laugh, so I figured I would call it the best one this week.
“get that money” – Yes, I agree. You should get that money. You could also “make that paper”, “eat that chedda”, or “roll that dough”. Either way, go ahead and make yourself some money!
Personal Finance Reads
As true of any week, there were so many great reads this week. I worked hard to try to go through everything, but my exhaustion was fighting me. These are the best reads that were put out this week by some of my favorite bloggers. If I forgot your this week, please don’t be upset. I can’t possibly list all of the articles that I enjoyed, it would just be too long!
- How to Teach Kids to Save Money – Live in Nanny
- The Value of College – The Simple Dollar
- Comcast: The Suck Continues – So Over This
- 4 Credit Myths That Could Be Hurting Your Credit Score – Quizzle
- “No More Frivolous Spending!” – Enemy of Debt
- Should I Roll Over my 401k or Leave It? – Your Finances Simplified
- Money Lies And The Devil – Budgets are Sexy
- A Simple Strategy to Get Out of Debt for Good – PT Money
- Does An Additional $25 A Month Matter To Your Credit Card Debt? – Repaid.org
- 4 Helpful Free Investment Tools – Frugal Rules
- How To Better Manage Your 401K For Retirement Success – Financial Samurai
- Credit Card Churning: A Year in Review – Club Thrifty
- Budgeting Infographic – i Heart Budgets
- Want To Save Money In 2013? Quit Looking At The Sales – Bible Money Matters
- An Examination of Fixed- and Adjustable-Rate Mortgages – Modest Money
- 401k Debit Cards – Why You Should Avoid them at all Costs – Cash Money Life
- What We Learned About Having A Baby – Our Freaking Budget
- Reflections on Turning 30 – Student Debt Survivor
- Can You Imagine Starting Your Own Business? – Tackling Our Debt
- 10 Things You Can Do to Improve Your Finances in the New Year – Young Adult Money
- How to Manage Your Money Better – 7 Tools to Help – Stumble Forward
- Another Celebrity Prepaid Debit Card: Justin Bieber SpendSmart Card – Planting Money Seeds
- The 403b vs 401k – How Are They the Same? How Are They Different? – My Money Design