Weekly Personal Finance Blog RoundUp – 3/9/2013
Welcome to the weekends fellow debt wranglers. I am glad you stopped by to see what was happening at Debt Roundup. For those that follow on a regular basis, I am behind the scenes creating a new look and feel for the site. I have been working hard on it for two weeks and I was hoping to push it out this weekend. After some thinking, I decided to hold off because I need to do some important maintenance on my project vehicle (1990 Jeep Wrangler). It needs to go get a safety inspection by the 31st of this month, so I need to get it up to par. Oh well, it will be nice and I have cold beer in my garage fridge. YES!
As I ramp up my website design, I have come to the conclusion that I need to make some changes around here. I have a few things that I want to do, but need to think about them more carefully. I started this blog to reach out to the general public, but I feel that I have more just networked with other bloggers. Don’t get me wrong, I love networking with people, but I want Debt Roundup to be so much more than that. I want people to stop by here for answers to their problems and learn new things. I need to think deeply about where to take this blog and I need to do it soon. I hit my 6-month mark with blogging on Debt Roundup 2 weeks ago and I need to find my vision. I intend to do so.
Website of the Week
Club Thrifty is run by an awesome husband and wife team, Greg and Holly. They share a lot of thrifty wisdom for the masses. They also write for other great sites like Get Rich Slowly. I have connected with Greg and Holly over the past few months and they are wonderful people working on a great site (just redesigned). If you haven’t become part of the club, then go check out Club Thrifty.
I am co-hosting a great giveaway for a brand new Canon T4i Digital Camera. It’s free to enter and you just have to follow some great personal finance blogs on twitter or facebook. Contest ends on 3/31.
I had a lot of people mention Debt Roundup this past week, so I want to thank them all. I really appreciate the support from everyone!
Weekly Top 12
Another week of great reads. I took my time to come up with a top 12. I had more time this week to catch up on my reads and I think you will enjoy this weeks articles. If you have some free time this weekend, check them out.
- How to Create a Budget – ReadyForZero
- An Opportunity – Punch Debt in the Face
- Total Baby Costs Hit $10,000! – Budgets are Sexy
- How I Learned to Avoid Bone-Headed Financial Moves – The Free Financial Advisor
- Stop Eating Out! Tips to Curb Your Restaurant Spending – Prairie Eco-Thrifter
- Are You Financially Smarter Than a 5th Grader? – Enemy of Debt
- The U.S. Healthcare System and Your Finances – Club Thrifty
- How We Made Saving Fun – Sweating the Big Stuff
- Ten Financial Mistakes You Can’t Afford to Make – Out of Your Rut
- Things That Make Me Scratch My Head – Frugal Rules
- Can Money Buy You Happiness? – Tackling Our Debt
- Always Expect The Unexpected – One Smart Dollar