Welcome to the weekend fellow debt wranglers. This week went by quickly for me, like many other weeks. My job is pushing me toward the brink of madness. I have had my face dug into one or two excel sheets for the last 2 weeks. It starts to make my head go insane and I think I am dreaming about excel sheets at night. That is never good. Do I have to pay Microsoft royalties for dreaming about one of their products? I hope not.
I have started to redesign Debt Roundup in the background. I have it on my business website so I can see how it looks live on different browsers. I have a local server, but I didn’t want to use that for this. I will be working hard to set my website up on the Genesis framework. I have become fond of it and hopefully the theme I chose will do what I want. I am very handy with coding, so dealing with hooks and custom work is nothing I don’t understand. I just have to wrap my head around not just going into the Genesis code and writing my own function. I don’t want to screw that up. I don’t have an ETA for it to be done, but I am hoping that it is done by the end of March.
My wife and I purchased our new couch last weekend and it will be delivered on Wednesday. I am excited to get it because I hate paying a lot of money for something that I can’t even have. It makes me go a little insane. I will have a post coming up this week talking about this budget fail. I hope you will enjoy it. Now, on to the roundup.
Website of the Week
This weeks WOTW has been removed.
There are two large giveaways that are still going on, so please don’t lose out on your chance for free money. If I could enter, I would, so just take my entries and win! These both end on 2/28, so this is the last week coming up.
I want to thank all of those that have mentioned Debt Roundup in the past week. If I don’t mention you here is either because I am not aware of the mention or my brain just isn’t working (this might be the case these days). All of you rock!
I usually do a top 12, but there have been so many personal finance articles this week that I couldn’t narrow it down. It always makes me smile to see all of the different perspectives of so many bloggers. If you are just lounging around this weekend, like I plan on doing, then go out and read these great articles.
- Does Being Rude Get You Further in Life? – Eyes on the Dollar
- In Debt and Out of Ideas? Draw Your Purchases – The Frugal Path
- Taking the Plunge: Why I Love Being Self-Employed – Frugal Rules
- Starting the Next of My Extra Income Ideas – Building a Niche Website – My Money Design
- Living on What We Earn: A Learning Process – Beating Broke
- Starting A Business ~ The Dangers of Under Pricing – Money Bulldog
- Average Joe vs. Upside Down Teacups and Other Nonsense – Average Joe Money
- My Secret For Paying off $30K in Student Loan Debt – Student Debt Survivor
- APY vs APR – Understanding the Difference – Work Save Live
- What In The World Are We Whining About? – Our Freaking Budget
- The Un-American Way: Saving for Purchases – Luke1428
- How to Handle Debt if You Become Unemployed – ReadyForZero
- Disputed Credit Card Charges: A Peek Behind The Curtain – Repaid.org
- How Much Financial Information Do You Share Online? – Planting Money Seeds
- Can You Afford an Early Retirement? – One Smart Dollar
- Having Multiple Bank Accounts is a Smart Move – Monster Piggy Bank
- Why Do You Want to Have Money? – Budgets Are Sexy
- How to Use a Personal Loan to Improve Your Credit – Modest Money
- Income Tax Is Like A Four Letter Word – Canadian Budget Binder
- Run Your Family Finances Like A Business – Your Smart Money Moves
I hope everyone has a great weekend. Thank you for stopping by. Are you doing anything exciting this weekend?