There are always so much going on in the beginning of each year. I am working hard on figuring out my budgets, dealing with taxes, de-cluttering, and all of the other things that come with a new year. This year is no different, but it is already starting with some new challenges. My wife and I had our first baby on 12/27, so this year is going to be turned upside down. My son is full of joy, but loves to cry when he is not being held. This makes writing a blog post a little more challenging, but I do love a good challenge! Along with the regular new year issues, now we are dealing with budgeting for a newborn, baby-proofing the house, figuring out daycare arrangements, and starting to save for college. There is just a lot going on already and it is only the 4th of January. Busy or not, here comes this week’s roundup!
Best Personal Finance Tips
In case you missed it, I posted a solid roundup of some of the best personal finance tips from 2012. These tips came from some of the best personal finance bloggers out there. If you want to get control of your finances this year, then check out these tips. You won’t regret it!
Oh, you didn’t think I would start out the new year without a giveaway, did you? I am co-hosting another great $100 cash giveaway with many other awesome bloggers. One lucky winner will pick from $100 in their Paypal account or a $100 Amazon gift card. This cash giveaway ends on January 12th![showmyads]
The Debt Movement
You might be hearing about something called the Debt Movement around the personal finance community. This movement was created by Jeff from Good Financial Cents and ReadyForZero. It is an initiative to get people to pay off $10,000,000 in only 90 days! That is right, it is not $10,000, but $10 MILLION! If you want to start out 2013 on the right foot, then check out my post about the Debt Movement and join in. What do you have to lose?
The Weekly Roundup
The weekly roundup online paper is out today and should have some great new year’s resolutions and goals from other fantastic bloggers. Many of you have said that they enjoy the roundup paper, so I am going to keep it going. Check it out when you have a few moments. There are great articles to be read!
Search Term of the Week
I have to say that this week had a lot of great targeted search terms that I am happy to be placing for, but it doesn’t matter how well you are doing, there are always a couple of weird ones that make you wonder what is going on over there at Google and Bing.
“sell wife for cash” – I don’t remember anytime or any post that I created where I indicated that I was going to sell my wife for cash. Who even looks for this kind of stuff? Isn’t that illegal?
Great Personal Finance Reads
Though it is a new year, I can always count on the great sites that I visit to come up with awesome content. This week was kind of short due to the holiday, but I still read some good things, many of them regarding 2013 budgets and how to get on track in 2013! I hope you enjoy.
- Pay Off Debt–Get Rock Hard Abs! – See Debt Run
- Best Personal Finance Apps for 2013 – Our Freaking Budget
- Why Worry About One Late Payment? – Repaid.org
- 5 Reasons To Start A Budget For 2013 – iHeartBudgets
- How Being Responsible and Managing Finances go Hand in Hand – Modest Money
- Why I Don’t Believe in New Year’s Resolutions – Frugal Rules
- What to Do in 2013: Establish an Irregular Expenses Account -Three Thrifty Guys
- Save Money Washing Your Gonchies – Plunged In Debt
- Set New Years Goals Not New Years Resolutions – One Smart Dollar
- Confessions of a Deranged Shopaholic – My Broken Coin
- Financial Planning – Designing a Proactive Year – Tackling Our Debt
- The Advantages of Being a DINK (Dual Income No Kids) – Young Adult Money
- Avoid Student Loans Like the Plague – Student Debt Survivor
- Instant Cash Loans and Your Risks – Stumble Forward
- Can You Afford to Live Until You’re 90? – Club Thrifty
- Hidden Benefits of Foreclosure Hunting – Eyes On The Dollar
- Financial Samurai Predictions And Goals For 2013 – Financial Samurai
- The Year of The Simple – Budgets Are Sexy
- A Monthly Financial Planning Checklist – Boomer and Echo
- The Most Expensive Day I’ve Ever Had – Budget Blonde
- Finances In The New Year + New Budget = Success Formula – Canadian Budget Binder
- Get Smarter About Money In 6 Steps – Monster Piggy Bank