Happy Friday everyone. I hope you all paid down some debts and saved some money this week. I also hope that the first week of December treated you well. I am still getting pulled in all directions at work, but it’s to be expected during the holiday season. I am also another week closer to the expected arrival of baby debt wrangler. Who knows when he will come, but my wife sure hopes it is soon! This week has flown by, but I have still kept quite busy behind the scenes here at Debt Roundup. This should also be a great week for a roundup as I have come across a few more blogs and am following more people. So, here we go and I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup!
Personal Finance Blog List
Everyone seems to enjoy this list and it is only growing. I added a few more blogs this week and I have more on the list to add this weekend. I am a little behind on adding the screenshots of the newly added blogs, but I will catch those up this weekend. Here are the links to both the list and the blog randomizer.
The Weekly Roundup Online Paper
This week’s addition has some great stories from around the personal finance community. I really think you will enjoy it. If you haven’t already, then please subscribe to the paper to get an email notification once it goes live. It is only one email every Friday.
P.S. This is only the second week of this paper and it is going well. I will continue to add great personal finance sources as time goes on.
The $100 Giveaway
I participated, along with many other personal finance blogger, in a great $100 giveaway. You can win $100 either deposited to a Paypal account or on an Amazon gift card. It is the winner’s choice. You have until the 15th to enter and there are many chances to enter. Check out the Grocery Savings Giveaway!
Modest Money is hosting a killer giveaway that includes prizes amounting to $500. Check out his Big Money Giveaway!
Search Term of the Week
The search term this week is quite broad, but leaves my site wide open to help out the searcher…..
“any advice” – Why yes, I do have advice, but I could really use some guidance on what type of advice you are looking for. Really? Just any advice?
Great Personal Finance Articles for the Week
Here are the best and most helpful personal finance articles from this week. There were so many to choose from and I hope I remember to get them all on here. If you have time today or over the weekend, then please check out these great sites. They are here to help you with your finances along with interacting with you. I not only read articles from these sites, but I know many of them and they are truly great people to know. This week’s list is a long one, so enjoy!
- The Latte Factor – Yes, it’s a Big Deal – Gen Y Finance
- How To Save Money: Using Cash Envelopes – iHeartBudgets
- Overcoming Financial Procrastination – Saving Advice
- Housekeeper? What Do You Think You’re Rich? – Student Debt Survivor
- Six Benefits of Starting Your Own Business – Tackling Our Debt
- How I Owned my Christmas Shopping This Year – Thirty Six Months
- 10 Things I Learned from Working at Pizza Hut – Young Adult Money
- Win $100 Cash with the ‘How to Save Money on Grocery Shopping’ Giveaway!! – Broke-Ass Mommy
- Bank Sales In Canada ….. Not The Same As Bank Foreclosures In The U.S.A – Canadian Budget Binder
- How Much Money Is Enough? – Club Thrifty
- The year I made a difference – Daily Money Shot
- Do Your Purchases Reflect Your Values? – Eyes on the Dollar
- Two Year Blogiversary – Celebrating Success Thanks to You! – Finance Fox
- How Much Savings Should I Have Accumulated By Age? – Financial Samurai
- Family Expenses November 2012 – Free at 33
- Should You Own or Rent in College and Grad School? – Frugal Confessions
- Ten ways to save money grocery shopping – Frugal Portland
- Why Rebalancing Your Portfolio is Like Buying a Carton of Eggs – Frugal Rules
- Health savings accounts: An overview, plus some pros and cons – Get Rich Slowly
- How to Set Career Goals and Aspirations – Income Therapy
- Nearly Half of all Americans Die Broke in Retirement! – Krant Cents
- Should You Get An Internship? – Making Sense of Cents
- 5 Reasons I’m Buying Less For My Kids This Christmas – Modest Money
- Is Our Emergency Fund Redundant? – Money Beagle
- Using your Mortgage as your Emergency Fund – Monster Piggy Bank
- How to Improve Your Credit Score in 2013 – Planting Money Seeds
- Money That Would Have Changed My Life – Plunged In Debt
- 5 Reasons That You Are Not Getting Out Of Debt – Repaid.org
- A Tragic Tale – The Savvy Scot
- Budget Opening Up – See Debt Run
- Smarterbanks Review – Pay My Student Loans
- Year End Tax Planning: A (Surprising) System of Cleaning My Closet – The Free Financial Advisor
- Reduce My Electric Bill – November Results – The Single Saver
- Overcoming Murphy’s Law – Our Journey out of Debt – Work Save Live
- A Review of My Experience With Car2go San Diego: A Car Sharing Service – Your Personal Finance Pro
- How to Eat Right on a Budget + Giveaway – One Smart Dollar
- DIY or Buy? When It’s Cheaper to Make It Yourself or Buy Off The Shelf – Money Under 30
- The Money Mail Carnival – Sixth Edition – The Money Mail