Welcome to the End of the World and Happy Friday fellow debt wranglers. If you are reading this, then you might not be worried about the Mayan prophesy that has taken the world by storm. Maybe you want to just read about how to clean up your finances when you wake up on 12/22 and start getting real. Thanks for deciding to stop by Debt Roundup on the last day of the world, it makes me feel special! Also, Happy Holidays. Now, on to the round up.
Top Personal Finance Blog Award
I was nominated for a top personal finance blog award from eCollegeFinder along with many other great blogs. I was notified on Tuesday that I was a winner along with some of the best blogs out there. In three short months, Debt Roundup has become a top personal finance resource. I could not have done it without my readers and my fellow bloggers helping out. Thank you.
- Join the $100 Making Ends Meet giveaway that I am co-hosting
- Enter the Exclusive Cash Giveaway from Modest Money
- Enter the iPad 3 Giveaway from Modest Money, Frugal Rules, The Outlier Model, Mo Money Mo Houses, Freedom Thirty Five, Add Vodka, Prairie Ec0-Thrifter, See Debt Run, Work Save Live, Club Thrifty, Making Sense of Cents, Money Q&A, iHeart Budgets, and Three Thrifty Guys.
- Enter the Big Cash Giveaway from PT Money, My Money Blog, CompareCards.com, Dough Roller, Wealth Pilgrim, and Cash Money Life by 12/23.
When roaming around the personal finance blogs, I noticed a post from Veronica at Pelican On Money. She wrote a post about the Pros and Cons of Making Money With an Online Store. She has shown interest in becoming an e-commerce store owner full time. For those who don’t know, I used to run a successful e-commerce electronics store for about 4 years. I have a lot of experience in this field. I made a comment on Veronica’s post and then she asked to interview me. I was honored that she asked and her interview with me was published on Monday and Tuesday. If you haven’t checked them out, then please do. I provide all honest answers and don’t try to sell you anything.
- Powerful Lessons Learned in Starting an Online Store (Part 1)
- Powerful Lessons Learned in Starting an Online Store (Part 2)
Thank you again Veronica for the interview. I enjoyed the questions and I hope you found my answers helpful.
The Weekly Roundup
This week’s edition has some great resources in it. If you haven’t checked it out, I highly recommend it. You can also subscribe for free with only a weekly email being sent out every Friday. Enjoy!
Search Term of the Week
This weeks search term is apparently someone that is trying to find out what month it is. I am not sure how this person found my website, but oh well.
“is december” – why yes, it is December. I am glad that Debt Roundup can help you out with your calendar.
Debt Roundup was included in the Yakezie Carnival hosted by Michelle from Making Sense of Cents. Thanks Michelle!
My tips for saving money post was mentioned on HireNanny.org in their 30 Blogs with Tips to Saving Money at the Grocery Store
Great Personal Finance Reads
There were no shortages of great reads from the personal finance community this week. I was a little overwhelmed, but I came up with a great list of reads that I enjoyed this week. If you have time today or over the weekend, please read the work from these great bloggers and if you enjoy it, then follow them on Twitter or Facebook.
- Understanding Capital Gains Distributions – GenY Finance
- Your End Of The World Budget – iHeart Budgets
- 5 Reasons Women Deserve to Make Less Than Men – Student Debt Survivor
- How to Manage Your Money So That You’ll Always Have Enough – Tackling Our Debt
- Why I Am a Maker of Things – Thrity Six Months
- Online Strategies for Holiday Shopping Bargains – Young Adult Money
- A Beginners Guide to Early Retirement – Canadian Budget Binder
- Confessions of a Cheap-Ass Santa – Club Thrifty
- 7 Ways to Lose Money with Last-Minute Gift Shopping – Modest Money
- Taking The Plunge is Not Just For Polar Bears – Part 1 – Frugal Rules
- 10 Tips on How to Save Money on Your Electric Bill – Three Thrifty Guys
- How to Stay Relevant in Your Career – See Debt Run
- Justifying The Cost of My Smartphone – Our Freaking Budget
- “Twas The Week Before Christmas” – Eyes On The Dollar
- When the cash runs out before the month does – Money Master Mom
- 30 Tips – How to Stay Safe on the Internet – Monster Piggy Bank
- 3 Steps To Eliminating All Of Your Debt, Part 1: Prepare – Repaid.org
- 5 Sensible and 5 Ridiculous Reasons to Take Out a Loan – The Savvy Scot
- What Is Budgeting and Why Is It Important? – Stumble Forward
- How Hard Is Your Money Working For You? – Financial Samurai
- Should You Pay Off Your Mortgage Early Or Invest? – Boomer & Echo
- Pay Yourself First To Save Money And Enjoy Life – Money Beagle