Happy Friday, fellow debt wranglers. This week has gone by quite quickly, but it was still very productive. My wife and I are in a waiting game for our little debt wrangler to come. He technically isn’t supposed to be here until the 20th, but my wife is more than ready now. I hate waiting, but this is something that I don’t mind waiting for. If you try to get a hold of me in the next few weeks, don’t get upset if I don’t respond to you immediately, I might be a little overwhelmed!
As I indicated, this week has been busy for me. My full-time job is running at a nice clip, keeping me busy each and every day. Debt Roundup is growing very nicely with my Alexa ranking about to drop below 200k. My twitter account is doing well with many more followers, especially after the successful $100 giveaway that I was a part of.
P.S. The giveaway ends tonight 12/14, so make sure you have entered to win. I mean, it’s free money!
I have begun to follow many more great personal finance sites and I have enjoyed interacting with all of them. This space is so diverse and the opinions of everyone is fascinating. I have added more websites to my Personal Finance Blog List along with adding all of those on the list to my PF Blog Randomizer.
Calling All Personal Finance Bloggers and Website Owners
This is a reminder that I am looking to all the personal finance bloggers and website owners for their best financial tips. I plan on creating the “Best Financial Tips of 2012” and have it publish on 12/28. If you want to take advantage of this great opportunity to gain exposure to your blog/website and share great tips with people looking for financial help, then please check out my Calling All post. There has already been some great tips being provided, but I would love to get more. I need your tip/advice by 12/24. Thank you!
The Weekly Roundup Online Paper
Make sure to check out this week’s “The Weekly Roundup“. It should have some great stories from all of the great personal finance blogs around the web. If you haven’t done so already, please subscribe to the paper, it is only published once a week, so no annoying daily emails.
There is still time to enter to win $100 Cash, so go do it! There are a few great giveaways going on around the web as well.
$500 Giveaway from Modest Money
iPad 3 Giveaway from Modest Money, Frugal Rules, The Outlier Model, Mo Money Mo Houses, Freedom Thirty Five, Add Vodka, Prairie Ec0-Thrifter, See Debt Run, Work Save Live, Club Thrifty, Making Sense of Cents, Money Q&A, iHeart Budgets, and Three Thrifty Guys.
Make sure to come back on Monday 12/17 because I am part of another great cash giveaway!
Search Term of the Week
The search term for this week is a little out there. I am not sure if they were trying a new Star Wars reference, but….
“may the newtype be with you” – I don’t even know how you got to my site and I am still not sure what you are looking for, but I think it is “may the force be with you”!
Awesome Personal Finance Finds
Sometimes it amazes me that there can be so many great articles regarding personal finance. What many think is a dull subject, personal finance can have so many angles and opinions. I hope you enjoy this week’s articles from some of the best bloggers and websites. If you have time today and over the weekend, make sure to read them, comment, and maybe follow these people. You can learn a lot from them.
- Sleep on the Pavement, Piss in a Bottle brought to you by My Broken Coin
- What Does $1 Mean To You? brought to you by i Heart Budgets
- 12 Reasons I Walk And So Should You brought to you by Saving Advice
- What Would You Do With $10,000? brought to you by GenY Finance
- Student Debt Denial brought to you by Student Debt Survivor
- How I Paid Off My Mortgage In Four Years brought to you by The Single Saver
- How Much Money Would it Take to Leave a Great Life? brought to you by Your Personal Finance Pro
- Money, Feminism and Divorce? brought to you by Plunged In Debt
- Blog Planner – An Effective Way to Organize and Manage Your Blog brought to you by Tackling Our Debt
- Why I love All Inclusive Vacations brought to you by Thirty Six Months
- Is Collecting things a Waste of Time and Money? brought to you by Young Adult Money
- Winter Vehicle Maintenance… Costing You Less In The Long Run brought to you by Canadian Budget Binder
- Guarding Your Personal Information from Corporate Interests brought to you by Club Thrifty
- How We Paid Off $30,000 in Credit Card Debt brought to you by Eyes On The Dollar
- 4 Things You Must Do To Get Your First Job After School brought to you by Finance Fox
- Questions To Ask Before Hiring A Financial Advisor brought to you by Financial Samurai
- Credit Card Balance Transfers Can Be Your Friend brought to you by Modest Money
- First Steps to Investing in the Stock Market brought to you by Frugal Rules
- Financial Evolution of the Christmas Gift brought to you by Making Sense of Cents
- How To Decide Which Financial Goal To Tackle First brought to you by Master The Art of Saving
- 5 Effective Habits of “Debt-Freesters” brought to you by Repaid.org
- Five Ways to Drastically Improve Your Cash Flow Today brought to you by See Debt Run
- Pros and Cons of Making Money With an Online Store brought to you by Pelican On Money
- How to Pay for College if You Started Saving Too Late brought to you by PT Money
- Is Debt Consolidation an Opportunity – or a Trap? brought to you by WorkSaveLive
- 10 New Year’s Money Resolutions to Get Started on Now brought to you by Squirrelers
- SALLTYE – Spend A Lot Less Than You Earn brought to you by Savvy Scot
- Investing Plan for the New Year: Put Resources Into Yourself brought to you by Planting Money Seeds
- Has Christmas Become Too Commercial? brought to you by Monster Piggy Bank
- 6 financial products that made the nice list (and 6 that didn’t) brought to you by Get Rich Slowly
- Those Money Problems, They’re All in Your Head brought to you by Five Cent Nickel
- Budgeting Advice to Help Keep You Motivated brought to you by My Money Design
- Credit Cards: Do You Spend More With Them? brought to you by The Frugal Path