Weekly Personal Finance Blog RoundUp – 1/18/2013
Is it Friday already? My wife’s family is in town today, so I took the day off from work and are just relaxing. They are all excited to see our son, so I will get some time to nap and catch up on some things that have sorely needed my attention. Have I mentioned that having a baby is hard work? I know I don’t have to say that to current parents, but dang, I never even imagined. Oh well, I have to keep going, so I will!
This week has been pretty good here at Debt Roundup. My readership is increasing ever so slightly each and every week. I like progress, so I am not complaining. I am close to hitting my 4th month of blogging here and I can say that I have enjoyed every moment of it, so thank you everyone that has stopped by and those that have shared my posts. Not only am I blogging here, but I finally got my first blog post published this week. If you haven’t done so already check out my post on Modest Money called “Treating Your Savings Like A Monthly Bill“. A lot of people enjoyed the post, so I am happy about that. There will be more guest posts to come as long as I can find the time.
Well, enough of my rambling, let’s get on to the roundup. I hope you enjoy and have a great weekend everyone!
Website of the Week
A lot of you were happy when I started the WOTW last week, so I am happy to say that this will be here to stay.
Jason from WorkSaveLive impresses me each and every week. I enjoy his content and attitude toward personal finance. WorkSaveLive has a small team of writers that can keep you thinking with every article. Jason also just introduced a free e-course called “How to Become Rich“. I know everyone has a desire to become rich, so why not take advantage of Jason’s kindness and learn it free! If you haven’t done so already, check out WorkSaveLive.
I am co-hosting two great giveaways that allow you to cash in for the new year. Don’t forget to enter to win. Everyone loves the chance to win cash!
I was included in 2 great Carnivals this week.
- Carnival of MoneyPros hosted by Master the Art of Saving.
- Carnival of Financial Camaraderie hosted by My University Money.
I was mentioned by The Frugal Farmer in their 10 Blog Posts You Need to Read if You Want to be Debt Free.
Weekly Top 12
Wow, what a week in the personal finance community. There were so many great reads this week that I don’t even know where to begin. I enjoy reading a lot of articles throughout the week, but I realized that I might be overwhelming readers with my recommendations week in and week out. Since I am a little out there sometimes, I am going to start doing my “Weekly Top 12”! It is like Letterman’s “Top 10” list, but I like to buck the trend. Who needs another top 1o list? I am going with the Weekly Top 12, so HA! Here we go…..
- The Mighty “10 Rule” – Budgets are Sexy
- Learning to Live on One Income – Modest Money
- Debt Is Like Quicksand – Bible Money Matters
- Using Credit as an Emergency Fund is a Bad Idea – Saving Advice
- Should I Invest in Mutual Funds or ETFs? – Frugal Rules
- Why You Should NOT Open a Credit Card for the Rewards – ReadyForZero
- Horrific Financial Advice from the New York Times – Club Thrifty
- Financial Baby Steps For Your Baby – Our Freaking Budget
- Do You Prefer Instant Or Delayed Gratification? – Money Beagle
- Out of Debt – Now What Do You Do? – Stumble Forward
- The Downsides to Common Frugal Tips – One Smart Dollar
- Chores and Money Lessons Growing Up – Canadian Budget Binder