Hello everyone. I hope you had a productive week and a nice relaxing weekend. If you haven’t noticed, I have not been around much the past few weeks. I have been slammed at work with a lot more responsibility and I am just trying to keep up. I am happy that my workload is increasing, but it can get overwhelming at times. Yesterday, my wife and I ran a 5k for Breast Cancer and then walked the same 5k. This is an important cause for us because we have so many family members close to us that have been affected. It was a long day, yet awesome. I love reading and visiting the different personal finance blogs out there because I love the different opinions. I have not been able to do this as much lately, but I am trying to figure out how to increase my reach.
I have a lot going on behind the scenes of Debt Roundup and I am happy about it. I love digging in an getting things done, but there are so many things to do. I also was given the opportunity to write on another blog once a week and that is starting this upcoming week. I will provide more detail next week. It is more responsibility, but it gives me another medium to share my story and help others. That is really all that I want to do.
So, without further ado, I want to give you my weekly top list that you can go through. There are some good ones in here and I think you will enjoy them as you drink your morning coffee. Here we go….
Top Weekly Personal Finance Articles
- You’re a Failure and It’s a Good Thing – Andrew from Listen, Money Matters talks about all of his failures, but no to complain, but to show that his failures are what built him into the man he is today. Great post Andrew!
- Would You Take a 10% Pay Cut to Get All Fridays Off? – J Money on Budgets are Sexy posed this question. So, would you take the cut for 3 day weekends?
- I can’t believe this guy is paying $440/month for cable – Retire by 40 rants about how a gentleman pays $440 a month for his cable bill. Are you freaking kidding me?
- Would You Wipe Your Butt with a Used Napkin? – My buddy John, from Frugal Rules, talks about the difference between being frugal and being a cheapskate. Well, would you wipe your butt with a used napkin instead of using toilet paper just to save money? Well, I wouldn’t.
- Are You Leading Your Finances? – Beating Broke talks about the leaders in business, but how leadership doesn’t come back to our personal finances. Well, it’s time to start leading your finances like you would lead a business.
- Was your education worth it? – Kristina asks the this question on DINKS Finance. This can be a hard one to answer, but go over there and answer to the best of your ability.
- An Impassioned Plea for Understanding Compound Interest – Erin, from Broke Millennial, hopes that you will understand compound interest. It is really all about time because the math isn’t really difficult. You will be amazed by her examples.
I want to shout out to all of those that have linked to Debt Roundup in the past week. I really appreciate your support. If you linked to me and I didn’t mention you, please contact me.
Master the Art of Saving, Funny about Money, The Happy Homeowner, Minting Nickels, Edward Antrobus, Hurricanes Panties and Dollars, Growing Money Smart, Fearless Men, Cents and Sensibility, Prairie Eco-Thrifter, The Heavy Purse, Common Cents Wealth, Luke 1428, Girl Meets Debt, Eyes on the Dollar