The Weekly Personal Finance Digest – 5/19/2013
I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I know that ours has been a little chaotic, but good none-the-less. Before I break down some quality articles that are present in the personal finance blog-o-sphere this week, I wanted to talk about something that has got under my skin.
Do You Feel Lucky, Punk?
There has been a rash of new websites being built that are stealing content from other sites. My site has been feeling much of this because my content has been stolen by multiple sites. I am getting sick and tired of this. I have tried contacting owners, sending requests to hosting providers, and even sending DMCA takedown requests. None of them have done anything. Nothing!
I don’t get why it is so difficult to get other sites to take down my content? This should be something that should be relatively easy. Since this process is not truly easy, hosting providers are allowing their customers to work a little in order to build large websites. It is ridiculous. I already work hard enough and I don’t want to have to work more in order to keep my content secure.
If you are one of the websites stealing my content, then I want to make you very aware of how I work online. I make sure to take care of those that take care of me. If you feel it necessary to steal my content, then watch yourself. I may seem like a nice guy, but you push me, then there is a side that you don’t to see. Consider this your final warning and ask yourself this one simple question: Do you feel lucky, punk? Well, do ya?
Alright, this is the last time I talk about this, so onto the weekly personal finance article digest. I hope you enjoy!
12 10 Personal Finance Articles
These articles are in no particular order, but I like each of these equally. I hope you enjoy reading.
- Family Happiness or Financial Security on Money Bulldog – If you read my post this week about shutting down my business, then you know which one I choose.
- Gee, Can I Please Walk Over a Bed of Hot Burning Coals? on The Frugal Farmer – Laurie is having people question her method to debt reduction, but I think she is doing what she needs to do in order to break the debt cycle. Keep it up Laurie!
- The Craziest Home Repair Ever on Luke1428 – Brian talks about how he was part of the craziest home repair, but then asks what has been yours? I give my dog credit for our craziest home repair (twice)!
- When All the Bubble Trouble Started on Critical Financial – Jim does the real estate rewind and breaks down how the real estate bubble happened. Very enlightening.
- Talk Me Out of Getting More Car Than I Need on Well Heeled Blog – The question has asked to help decide what car should be purchased. Read through and come up with your own decision.
- Frugal Ways to Reward Yourself Along Your Debt Payoff Journey on ReadyForZero Blog – I always tell people that they should reward themselves as they payoff debt. Don’t spend a lot of money doing it though. That would be counter-productive.
- Credit is Not the Enemy, You Are! on DollarVersity – This article is very true. Credit is not the enemy, it is how you are using it.
- Dear Parents, Charge Your Kids Rent on Broke Millennial – Should parents charge their kids rent if they move back in after college? There are some good comments on this article.
- Habits You Need to Be Building (but likely aren’t) on Studenomics – There are always things we should be doing, but why don’t we?
- Billing Errors Causing Temporary Insanity on Club Thrifty – Holly hates billing errors and who can blame her? Enjoy her rant and voice your opinion.